Desk, when to stand and sit?
Studies show that sitting behind your desk all day is bad for your health. It raises several health concerns and according to research it causes obesity, increased blood pressure, high blood sugar, excess body fat around the waist, and abnormal cholesterol levels. Singularly called metabolic syndrome, increased hours of just sitting in front of your computer increases the risk of cardiovascular disease and even cancer!
That is why office workers are now investing in an ergonomic standing chair to help them with the risk of getting any health issues. But how often should you be using your standing desk? To answer this question, you should first know how long you should be sitting or standing in front of it.
Before, experts advised people to stand at their adjustable desks for at least 15 minutes every hour. Now, using advanced ergonomics and health risk calculation, studies found out that the ideal sit-stand ratio lies somewhere between 1:1 and 1:3!
What are the advantages of using an electric standing desk for your health? Reasons why and below are the most important ones for you to know:
- Lowers Risk of Heart Disease by moving sit and stand
- Reduces Back Pain, stretch that back muscles good way to relieve some sore.
- Improves Mood and Energy Level
- Boost Productivity
- Lowers risk of Obesity and Weight Gain
- Improve Legs Circulation
- Great for those who have sciatica, that radiating pain from your buttocks to your legs.
- By using Electric Standing desk you can set the height adjustment according to your needs, Easy to control and no extra effort needed to move the desk up and down.
The next time you are right in front of your computer you better start pushing that button of your standing desk and start doing an office job with the thought of spending half of your working hours standing!